Zoe’s Status Report – 4/20/24

This week I made considerable progress on the project. First, I finished my app. I made the Bluetooth connection work from my app to the mat, so now when I click on a specific song on the app, the mat microcontroller receives the corresponding song number. It works reliably well when the correct procedure is followed. Tomorrow I am going to work on testing this connection, to 1) check that the correct procedure always works, and 2) to find and fix edge cases where the connection might not work. I also made the app better looking by adding a font and splash screen, and removing an unnecessary page menu. In addition, I continued working on the other mat code. The mat should be completed soon, so then I can debug this code on the mat. Lastly, I started working on the connection between the mat and the lock Arduino. I am going to complete these in the next few days, so that I have time to perform all of the testing that I want to by the end of the week.

I am on time with my work, because I can get everything done that I need to this week (I don’t have anything else to do, so I have a lot of time).