Jada’s Status Report – 3/30/24

This past week, I mainly continued work on the lock, solidifying our use of the Arduino Uno by continuing to research compatible Bluetooth and microSD modules for the Uno, writing up an updated wiring diagram (as shown below) to visualize the potential additional parts, and ordering the Bluetooth and microSD slot modules as well as 2GB microSD cards.

Beyond this, I was able to get the Bluetooth module running after downloading its respective library and example code. Surprisingly, my iPhone was able to discover and connect to it in this initial testing (as shown below). I also assisted Brooke with laser-cutting the boards necessary for the mat construction. Fun fact:  the Rabbit lasers in Ideate are superior to the Techspark Rabbit lasers (good to know, but not a fun walk with heavy items).

I feel that I am a bit behind schedule, as Bluetooth is not integrated into the system yet. As long as Zoe and I can get the lock and the app communicating by the end of this week, I should be in a much better place, as getting song selection set up and a 3D-printed container for the lock *should* be relatively straightforward and not too time-consuming.

By the end of next week, I hope to have Bluetooth between the app and lock completed, including soldering the BT module for speaker connection. After that, if the microSD cards and module come in quickly, I will begin working on getting songs loaded and playing through the lock.

Also, Happy Easter!