Zoe’s Status Report – 4/6/24

This week, I got Bluetooth working on our app! It was able to scan for devices and connect to my iPhone.  Below are photos showing 1) my iPhone being connected to the Android phone and b) connecting to my iPhone (named mtn dew) from the Beatlock app on my Android phone. 

This means our app is mostly done. To finish it, we need BLE implemented on the Seeed XIAO microcontroller in our mat. So, after the app was working, I went back to working on the mat code. Once BLE works on the mat, I will change the app code to not scan for devices but simply locate and connect to the mat. Getting BLE working in the mat and then making them work together is my goal for this week, since I have already finished most of the code for the mat. I just need to try out the code on the microcontroller and debug any problems that arise. I also have other code to test out (the code to deal with the dance input) that I will debug as soon as the mat is functional.

I am on schedule, because I have made the progress that I was hoping to make. There is still lots of work to be done, but since Booth and one of my classes will be done by this Wednesday, I will have even more time to work on it after then.