Brooke’s Status Report – 3/30/24

This week has been focused primarily on really finalizing the prototype of the dance pad for demo day. After acquiring some of the main things we needed from Home Depot that could not be shipped, the assembly was finished, and a rough version of the final planned board was made. I have decided to go a very affordable route, with many of the materials relying on wood for most parts of it. As it is so thin, it also enables us to wrap this and use it for the final design if necessary. I have attached a photo of a nearly complete version of the board. On the software end and electronics end, most of the time was spent integrating them and making sure the electronics were wired correctly and installed. I have a bit more finalizing to do with the firmware, but by Monday, we will be ready to show what we have made.

(It is not the prettiest, but it should work for now; a lot of the aesthetics will be a plan for the final model)

With all of that said, I am thankfully not behind, and everything has been finished as planned (and is required for the demos). For the next week, the main focus will now be put towards finding ways to make this board a complete and professional-looking product and integrating it with the other parts Jada and Zoe are working on. One focus with them will be on having a secure wireless connection between all of the devices that is low power and does not bleed energy. That shouldn’t be too difficult for this board, but we may have to investigate low-power modes for the Arduino used in the lock.