Brooke’s Status Report – 2/10/24

My primary focus this week has been developing the basic flowchart for our design, helping to put together the proposal presentation, and selecting materials and parts for our device. I’ve done a fair bit of research, looking into the types of force sensors that exist and determining the best for our use case, as well as the cheapest. I’ve also looked into different haptic feedback systems for the possibility of adding a “vibration” for the user to recognize stomps while maintaining a waterproof, enclosed system that is flat. Currently, the flowchart I’ve put together is one that is very general; from this, I can expand it further.

So far, everything is on track. One of the things I want to guarantee I get figured out is a well-developed list of parts. Working ahead and putting together some of the flowcharts will be something that may aid this step, as it can help confirm the positioning as well as the completion of the parts list.

Next week, I hope to finalize the materials list with the team and ORDER ASAP. Our schedule shows that the parts will be tested the week after. This means we have to ensure the parts we order ship quickly and are chosen earlier in the week. Additionally, confirming some further detailed flowcharts with the team may be useful in planning for the coming weeks.