Zoe’s Status Report – 3/16/24

This week, I worked mostly on the code for the mat and the door lock. I spent some time researching Bluetooth for our app, and ultimately decided it may be easier to run our app on an Android phone instead of an iPhone. Since I have an old Android phone at my apartment, I plan to charge it and download the development build of the app onto the phone, if possible (the phone is pretty old). I have not yet tested this, but I intend to do it by Monday. After this research, I moved my focus once again to the mat and door lock software. Jada has been testing the door lock electronics using starter code online, and I have been brainstorming how to rewrite that code for our exact purposes. Further, I updated the mat code so it will be ready to test as soon as the physical components are connected to the mat board. This should be very soon, since Jada and Brooke have been working on making prototypes of the footpads to connect to the weight sensors. I am confident with the current control flow of the program, so I am just waiting on a mat prototype to be put together so that I can develop the feature integration.

I am slightly behind schedule, because I did not anticipate spending as much time trying to get Bluetooth to work and because I have not had a physical prototype to test with while developing my code. However, I have made consistent progress, and I think it will be easier to write the code once Jada and Brooke construct the first prototypes.

Next week, I intend to try running my app on my Android phone, or to find an alternative solution if that doesn’t work. In addition, I am going to test my code on the mat and lock prototypes and fix any problems that arise.