Eric Status Report – 4/20

This week, I continued testing the gantry control system of our robot, specifically the diagonal code that was written last week. During testing, several small setbacks and issues were discovered, which were related to both the software code and the setup of the physical system. I primarily worked with Chris to mitigate and solve these issues. During this week, I also wrote a second batch of code for diagonal motor control using a different method, in the case that the first diagonal motor control code did not work as we intended. This second implementation used sleep timers that fired at carefully calculated intervals to control both motors at once, while the first implementation used a Python library to allow the two motors to be run in parallel. During testing, we determined that the first implementation was not the cause of any issues, but the second implementation is ready in case it is needed. In addition, I helped Chris with testing the physical system.

My progress this week is on schedule. I am continuing to refine, test, and modify the gantry control system as well as the project as a whole. In the next week, I hope to, along with the rest of my team, bring the robot to a near finalized state with little to no issues, which we plan to have ready by Wednesday.