Eric Status Report – 3/2

This week I, like the rest of my team, spent a large amount of time working on the design review report and presentation. In addition to contributing by writing slides and sections of the paper, I am formatting the final Word document for our report. As part of finalizing the design for our project, I constructed an image bank consisting of ten increasingly complex images which we will be using to test our project. The image bank is as follows:

I also updated our block diagram to clarify the way components interact with each other. As mentioned in the team status report, a mistake on the team’s end caused us to put the wrong order through for the Raspberry Pi, so I was unable to experiment with controlling the motors we received through the Pi. When we realized the mistake, I found the parts online that we needed to order, which included the Pi itself, a power adapter, and a microSD card and its adapter, and placed the orders for it. Although I was unable to work directly with the Pi, I started to use and experiment with the libraries to control the motors, but currently have no way to actually test out any code I write. As a result, my progress is behind schedule. To catch up, I am preparing code this week and next week which will be ready to be tested immediately once our Pi actually arrives. In the next week, I hope to complete the preliminary code for controlling the motors through the Pi, as well as finish up work on the design review report and finalize the format for it.