Harsh Status Report – 4/13

I spent this week working on calibrating the colors even more. Instead of just calibrating with the palette, I used the paintbrush to draw strokes of each color onto a piece of paper. Then, I used an online color picker to get the HSV value of each stroke manually by trial and error. I did this instead of using a phone camera because taking a picture introduces differences in color such as light reflections, shadows, camera software, etc. After testing these colors using the simulation function that we had used for the mid-project demo day, I was able to see a significant improvement in the colors chosen and drawn after segmentation.

My progress this week was mostly on schedule, since I finished the software portion of the project. However, I haven’t been able to test the software on the physical system yet as the parts to hold the motors in place arrived during Carnival. This coming week, I will help my team finish the physical system and make sure that we can start testing our software. To make good progress on my part of the schedule, the physical system should be finished soon, so I will make sure that this happens this week.