Team Weekly Status Report for 3/25


It seems that when entering an audio file to our system it takes a little long to transcribe with short audios. For example, it takes 24 seconds to transcribe an audio containing 4 notes that lasts around 14 seconds. Therefore, this could be a bigger issue with even longer audios. 


Design Changes

Our design has two sub-processors, one for determining the pitches of each note in the audio and one for determining the rhythm of each note, followed by an integration engine. The sub-processors are implemented in Python, and we initially planned to implement the integrator in Python as well, generating a list of Note Structs and sending them to the front-end to be transcribed. However, we found out that sending information packaged within a design structure meant that the front-end could not effectively parse through the information within the structures. We realized we would have to send to the front-end information that contained primitive data types such as Strings or ints. So, we decided to integrate the pitch and rhythm processors’ outputs after the information was sent to the front end. This is because we can instead send to the front-end the output from the rhythm and pitch processor separately, since they are a list of integers and strings. The method of integration is unchanged, the primary difference is that the HTTP Response contains two outputs instead of one.



[Front-End Updated]

[Integrator Change]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *