Grace An’s Status Report for 3-6-21

This week, I largely worked on the design review presentation, and I also ordered the necessary parts for our project, speaking to our TA and professor as necessary. I transferred information between the previous proposal presentation to our new design review presentation and then updated the information as necessary. Among the various slides, I chose numbers for the validation tests that previously did not have them, included information on my researched image filters, and organized the information on FPGAs that my teammates spent a substantial amount of time analyzing and discussing (this is discussed in both of their status reports this week). I updated our Gantt Chart to better keep track of class logistics, and also ensure that our MVP would be done first, and then our other goals (such as the image filters) would be worked on at the end. Using this schedule, we will better be able to know how many logic elements our project needs, so that we know how many are available for the later image filters. This will also ensure that we plan to have a working project by the midpoint demo.

I also arranged a meeting with the professor on Thursday for the team to speak with him about our design review presentation; we received some feedback on the presentation itself, but mostly feedback on our general design and project process. As a team, we need to ensure testing the strength of our eventual holographic illusion, as part of our final validation step.

I am on track with our previous and our updated schedule, having researched the image filters by this juncture. Over the next week, I will determine how to purchase plexiglass for the pyramid materials and begin constructing pyramid prototypes (scaled down versions of our pyramid design) to check our specifications for the pyramid are accurate. I will also assist my teammates with their assigned responsibilities with the DE2-115 board and OV7670 cameras, as that is currently our most critical concern.