Breyden Wood’s Status Report for 5-8-21

This week, I spent the majority of my time preparing for the final presentation I gave on Wednesday of our project. This process required me to flesh out all the slides and review what I was going to say in a couple practice runs for our group. Overall, I was very happy with how the presentation went and I feel we got good feedback from the course staff on ideas for our final video.

After working on the presentation, I transitioned to fleshing out some bugs in our background removal. By working on the angle of the LEDs on the sides and fine-tuning the parameters on the FPGA, I was able to get an excellent result with the majority of the objects that we tested where all the background would be removed with minimal clipping on the object.

Lastly, I have worked on collecting footage both explaining the FPGA’s inner workings and filming lots of B-roll of our entire setup. All that is left for me to do is to assist Jullia in editing all of this together into a demo video that we are all happy with. Our progress is on track, and we expect to be finished with all of our work in the coming days.