Jullia Tran’s Status Report for 3-6-21

This week, I work on preparing the Design presentation. I researched for the materials of the pyramid as well as the mechanism of how it works (Pepper’s Ghost with ray optics). Using my research for the previous week, we agreed on the OV7670 as our camera and integrating this to our design. Breyden and I looked into the specs and the pins connections to flush out our solution to this problem better. Notably, the camera gives us a constraint/ requirement of GPIOs pins that we must have for our FPGA board, which is around 18pins * 4. The camera also provides us with the FOV, 25˚, which is needed in our computation for the size of our studio. I looked into the measurement of the monitor also and we decide that a 55” TV would work after calculating the dimension required for the 4-5x enlargement of our object. Using this information, I created some of the slides for the presentation.

My work on the presentation mainly includes the creating System Overview diagrams, diagrams of the construction of the pyramid and the setup for the live studio. I helped with some of the calculations for the physical designs (the live studio dimensions, the dimensions of each picture frame, the dimensions of each pyramid panel), as well as talk with Breyden about the System Overview design. I also helped with deciding on the FPGA board that we will be using through weighing our trade-offs between available/required logic elements and GPIO pins.

Also, I spend some time rehearsing the presentation. I also met with the professor to go over our slides for this presentation.