Evann’s Status Report 4/24

What did you personally accomplish this week on the project? Give files or photos that demonstrate your progress. Prove to the reader that you put sufficient effort into the project over the course of the week (12+ hours).

This week I completed the accelerometer integration. I was able to make a physical connection between the accelerometer and board using some spare Arduino wires. After ensuring that the connection was established, I then checked that the board was receiving data from the accelerometer by checking that the memory was mapped to the device. I then used the smbus python library to read the data coming in from the memory associated with the accelerometer. I also completed the sound output. This was accomplished by using the playsound python library. I also worked on implementing pose detection using the facial landmarks we already use for eye detection.

Is your progress on schedule or behind? If you are behind, what actions will be taken to catch up to the project schedule?

Our progress on the board is slightly ahead of schedule. We’ve completed all of our major goals and have begun work on stretch goals.

We are planning to focus work next week to get our system working in a vehicle for a demo. I want to finish the pose detection next week as well.