Ishita Kumar’s Status Report for 05/01/21

Since this week was very important for the team in terms of testing and integration, I made a plan for work to be done daily for the team. I helped finish the final conveyor belt set-up and stitched the belt together. Next, Ishita Sinha and I tested the frame detector on the banana running on the conveyor belt. We had a few bugs related to how many pixels we said were related to a banana in the frame to work out but we increased the pixels according to test results and the frame analyzer works now. Next, the hsv mask rotten detector does work for our bananas on the moving conveyor belt which Ishita Sinha and I tested too. But it heavily depends on lighting conditions. We found during testing that sometimes there is too much noise being picked up by the hsv filter masks when there is improper lighting and so we need to obtain better lighting. Next, I helped design the first prototype for our gate in CAD and 3D printed it. Unfortunately, our original design with the gate blocking the fruit did not work because the gate was too short. We have come up with another similar design with a much longer gate and are hopeful it works. I designed the new gate in CAD as well. As of now, it is my responsibility along with Ishita Sinha to fix the lighting issue so we can do a full software+conveyor belt run without issues. Overall, our design is working though. According to my plan, we should have had the gate ready by today but we had some delays because of our old design not working. This is okay for now, as we have the other design ready and we have the slack time to get it to work.