Ishita Kumar’s Status Report for 03/27/21

This week I met up with Ishita Sinha to work together on our rottenness detector. I improved the mask for detecting rotten bananas through the help of plotting rotten bananas on an HSV graph and then testing values on images of rotten bananas. My algorithm now has two separate masks one for rotten and for good parts of the banana and I worked to separate the two masks as before I just had a single mask for the whole banana. Ishita Sinha and I discussed ways to improve and implement our rottenness classifier and we decided using the areas found in our image segmentation masks would be a good start to calculating the percentages of rotten parts in fruit so we are implementing that. I also researched AlexNet and double-checked an online Kaggle dataset I found earlier to see if it would fit our needs and I believe it would as of now. I also worked with my team to build the conveyor belt this week and we made good progress with the woodwork and we will continue working on it early next week too. I am on schedule for my tasks.