Jerry’s Status Report for 11/4/2023

This week I finished the file uploading for the frontend of my pipeline and finished integrating with the rest of Ray’s frontend.  A short demo on the full functionality can be seen here:

https://youtu.be/PB4mf4SlUR4

I also was able to get Openpose to build and work correctly on my laptop thanks to some help from Eric.  A photo can be seen below:

I spent the most time trying to enable support for the upload of image sequences to the app.  This was a lot more challenging to accomplish than I initially anticipated as Kivy’s relative positioning system has so far been very unintuitive to use.  It also seems that older versions of Kivy have different attributes for relative positioning so this confused me quiet a bit in my debugging.

I think with the difficulties I ran into this week, I am actually slightly behind schedule.  I will put more hours into this project next week, especially during the day of break on Democracy Day.  I will also communicate more with Ray as our discussions have been very helpful in increasing my understanding of Kivy’s positioning system.

Next week I plan to be able to try and get some basic setup for supporting pose sequences and being able to use python to call Openpose to process images and return JSON files.