Caroline’s Status Report for 4/22/2023

What did you personally accomplish this week on the project? Give files or
photos that demonstrate your progress. Prove to the reader that you put sufficient effort into the project over the course of the week (12+ hours).

In the past week, I was able to flesh out all of the issues with the Arduino BLE Nano. One key thing that I didn’t account for was that the Arduino Uno that I was testing with previously ran on 5V, while the Arduino Nano runs on only 3.3V, which was affecting the numbers that we were receiving. However, I changed the resistor values so that we are able to read the inputs to the Arduino Nano now.

In addition, I have half-produced the gloves for our project. I connected and soldered all of the wires to the Arduino BLE Nano and connected them to the breadboard temporarily. We wanted to use a flexible breadboard for the final design, but we were waiting on that.

In addition, I have also been working on writing up the code for the interface that accesses the phone’s Bluetooth and connects to the Arduino BLE Nano. I have been following this video, which has been giving me a lot of helpful tips: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UolJHmZ0RFk

Is your progress on schedule or behind? If you are behind, what actions will be taken to catch up to the project schedule?

I think that my progress is behind schedule. I have been away for most of the past week, so a lot of the work that I wanted to do on producing the gloves was paused. I will be putting a lot more work into this in the next week in order to get my part back on schedule.

What deliverables do you hope to complete in the next week?

In the next week, I will spend all of my time finishing up the gloves and also finishing the interface Bluetooth connection.