Lee’s Status Report for 4/22/2023

What did you personally accomplish this week on the project? Give files or
photos that demonstrate your progress. Prove to the reader that you put sufficient effort into the project over the course of the week (12+ hours).

This past week I worked on Monday and Tuesday to the mediapipe package to show the hands on the webcam screen. I differentiated the hands from left to right and used print statements in a time package to print out the location of each of the fingers on each hand where its location was on the screen.

Later I integrated this feature with using the finger location to determine what key it is placed on. To do this, I took the coordinate of the finger and did another warp perspective to get the coordinates of the segmented image. This is basically just translating between the two sets of images, the segmented one being warped. Once I had the coordinates in the segmented image, I used my mouse-cursor function and modified its basic functionality to print out the number sector for what key the finger is hovering over.

I also improved this feature by adding a red box that indicates to the user in print statements if the hand placement is outside the boundaries of where the piano would be placed normally.

” Is your progress on schedule or behind? If you are behind, what actions will be taken to catch up to the project schedule?

My progress is currently on schedule as I finished doing the warping under real lighting environments. And I am already working on the hand and finger detection which is the next and last task for me before integration.

” What deliverables do you hope to complete in the next week?

This coming week I plan to present for the final presentation as well as work with my team with integration steps to prepare for our May 8th Demo.