Weekly Status Reports

Nish 3/11

What did you personally accomplish this week on the project? Give files orphotos that demonstrate your progress. Prove to the reader that you put sufficient effort into the project over the course of the week (12+ hours).

In the past week, I worked on the design report. Particularly, I worked on the Design Trade, Architecture, and System Overview sections. I made the block diagrams and also created the audio processing flow, as we switched our focus from PCB design (hardware) due to choosing the Arduino Nano into audio processing. I worked a lot on researching how synthesizers are made and finding the software we will need to implement them, such as pygame midi and the Oscillator packages, and understanding how to shape our sound waves to sound like a piano.

Here are some of the diagrams I created: 

Is your progress on schedule or behind? If you are behind, what actions will be taken to catch up to the project schedule?

I think we are on schedule. Most of our work is now in the software/audio realm, so we are able to focus on prototyping and understanding those applications next week even though we haven’t gotten our Arduino Nano yet.

What deliverables do you hope to complete in the next week?

Next week, I hope to complete running a dummy Kivy app that is able to make all 49 pitches that we are hoping to include in our piano, and be able to shape the waves using the Sustain and Release modulators talked about in our design report, experimenting with what gets the most realistic sound.