Bethel’s Status Report for 4/22/2023

What did you personally accomplish this week on the project? Give files or photos that demonstrate your progress. Prove to the reader that you put sufficient effort into the project over the course of the week (12+ hours).  

These past two weeks have been particularly productive as I finished dynamically tracking the remaining three in-game actions of low health, getting hit by a small enemy and getting hit by a large enemy. This task took a longer time to accomplish than first forecast because of my determination to incorporate the Puppeteer library, which would operate as a Web Scraper within our code base.

However, we pivoted from using the Puppeteer library to track the remaining three in-game actions of low health, getting hit by a small enemy and getting hit by a large enemy, because this library does not allow us to customize the game as per our user and design requirements. An instance of this was our lack of ability to incorporate the motor intensity bar into the user interface, which was requested through our Ethics feedback session. 

Moreover, Puppeteer hindered us from synchronizing our jump event along with our low health, getting hit by a small enemy and getting hit by a large enemy event, because the former ended up listening to the game actions in a different browser than that of the latter.   

Another deliverable I have managed to accomplish is having the frontend for the motor intensity bar working. Now what remains is to have the motor intensity bar dynamically send its values to the motor and light code via our Node JS server.  

Is your progress on schedule or behind? If you are behind, what actions will be taken to catch up to the project schedule?  

My progress is a little behind from what I had anticipated as I thought I would have the backend of the motor intensity bar finished by now. I am going to push to have it finished by this week.

This week I plan to help my team create our project video and poster prior to our TechSpark Demo, while building the backend for our motor intensity bar. Moreover, I plan to continue testing my software on the Arduino WIFI Rev after establishing a wireless connection.