Amelia’s Status Report 4/29

Updates for the week

This week, I switched over to using a new library for the light algorithm. The previous Adafruit library was not capable of running the code I needed at the right speed, and included delays which disrupted several other functions. I switched over to the “FastLED” library, which allows me to use non-blocking delay code, which is a step towards parallelization with the motors and lights. A video of me running different patterns can be seen here.

I also rehearsed for our final presentation on Monday and am continuing to work with our team to test the threading code, solder 3 more PCBs for the back motor integrations, and wrap up our poster in time for the Techspark demo.

Progress On Schedule

We’re behind on schedule. We said we’d finalize everything by the end of this week, but this got pushed back so I will simultaneously continue working on my parts while not neglecting my final exams.

Deliverables for next week

Finalize the parallelization code so that the motors and lights go off at the same time, finalize the light pattern for hit small and hit large, and soldering + test the remaining 3 PCBs.