Amelia’s Status Report 4/1

Updates for the week

This week, I focused on perfecting the forceful jump and low health light algorithm, the code for this can be found on our Github. A video of it can be seen here.

I also worked on ensuring that the lights had their own power supply since each LED draws a significant amount of current (20mA), and there was a common ground between them. My schematic for this can be seen here. I used a 6V power supply and used multimeter to measure the output voltage after this connection, which was ~5.12V. The rating for the lights is max 5V so  for the final, I will use buck converter in order to get exactly 5V from 9V.

I also tested that the lights are able to be controlled wirelessly, which can be seen here.

I then laser cut 5 sets motor mounting plates out of cardboard since it is easy to prototype and we do not have the PCBs yet in order to use the rubber material I demonstrated last week. These plates will be only be used for prototyping and for the demo on Wednesday.

Lastly, I worked with my team to mount + wire all the motors to their mounting plate in order to fit them onto the vest properly.

Progress On Schedule

So far I’m on schedule, it became clear that there needs to be a lot of wiring management and tiny fixes for our final design. For instance, we only noticed today while integrating the motors to the mounting plate that I need to fix the CAD model for the motor mount slightly, they should be rotated 90 degrees so that the wires don’t break off as easily. I also need to continue working on integrating the wireless code with Bethel.

Deliverables for next week

• I need to laser cut a box out of 3mm acrylic to hold the two battery supply systems
  • laser cut another box for the Arduino itself so that the wires connected to the Arduino pins don’t come lose and detach.
  • Continue working on getting the JSON data from bethel and parsing it so that the vest works wirelessly with the game data.