Darwin Torres’ Status Report for 3/19/2022

This week, I continued testing for the screen control interface. These tests have all been through software, emulating requests via python scripts. Once we have an initial frame set up, we can start testing directly with physical user input. While we wait for parts to come in, software integration is starting to commence, as Matt’s Arduino subsystem starts to join with the Python touch-control interface. This would allow us to start testing the sending of requests from the Arduino via USB. In the coming weeks, I will help with the PCB once our parts arrive, and until then I will be able to allocate most of my time to further testing, which should hopefully result in a smoother integration experience and less debugging once we are able to conduct our physical tests. On the software side, I feel that I am on schedule, though on the PCB I am a bit behind, but this is because we are still waiting for parts. Overall, this isn’t an issue as I am able to put more time into tweaking my scripts as I mentioned before.