Menu Close

Shane’s Status Report for 4/10

This past week, I finally got the parts that I was waiting for from TechSpark. The strainer mechanism is fully functional, so from now there should only be small incremental changes and we will have something presentable for the presentation next week. In addition, I got my 3D printer that Christina picked up from New Jersey last weekend, and I was able to set it up. I am currently printing parts for the control tower. The first part I am printing for it would have cost over $50 at Techspark, but is costing me under $2 to do it personally. Now that the control tower development is back underway,  I will need to continue work on that and the UI in parallel. This should not cause any delays, as these are independent from each other. My goal for the next few days is to have a first prototype for the control tower. The biggest barrier will be print time, as the total print time without any issues will likely be around 48 hours. Luckily, this is mostly downtime and I only need to observe the print for the first layer or two. I should also be able to make some progress on the UI side while I am waiting.