Menu Close

Christina’s Status Report for 5/8

This week was highly productive! I worked with Isabel in person to get serial communications between the Jetson Nano and Arduinos working with the correct timings. Currently, our system works as we’d hoped with all three strainers connected at once, which is very exciting. When an ingredient is detected by the CV, the lights on the strainer it was dropped in change to purple after a small delay. The strainers and lights then continue with the rest of their cycle, with messages being forwarded between Arduinos by the Nano. I was able to start on our poster, which involved updating our diagrams and reformatting them for displaying on a poster instead of a slide presentation. I also got together with the whole team and we filmed footage of Hot Pot Bot working in normal operation mode, as well as other media for the final video that showcased problems with unassisted hot pot and identification from the Nano’s point of view.

While I was nervous last week about integrating our project in time, I can breathe a sigh of relief with this status report as Hot Pot Bot is fully operational. Now, the deliverables for next week are the final video, final poster, and final report, all of which are running on schedule. I will be video editing tomorrow and recording voiceovers on Monday with the rest of the team to create our final video, and the final poster is well underway. I also hope to run more accuracy and timing tests with the CV to add to our final report.