Jananni’s Status Report for 4/10

1. This week I worked on finishing up integration with the main process of our project.  Once that was completed I worked on getting more videos for our test suite of various people with various face shapes.  Finally I started researching how to improve our code to optimize the GPU.  This will ideally bring up our frames per second to higher than 5 frames per second as in our original requirement.  I also worked on putting together material for our demo next week.  Here are some important links I have been reading regarding optimizing our code specifically for the GPU: https://forums.developer.nvidia.com/t/how-to-increase-fps-in-nvidia-xavier/80507, and more.  The article (similar to many others) talks about using jetson_clocks and changing the power management profiles.  The change in power management profiles tries to maximize performance and energy usage.  Then the jetson_clocks are used to set max frequencies to the CPU, GPU and EMC clocks which should ideally improve the frames per second in our testing.
  2. Currently as a team we are a little ahead of schedule, so we revised our weekly goals and I am on track for those updated goals.  I am working with Adriana to improve our optimization.
  3. By next week, I plan to finish optimizing the code and start working on our stretch goal.  After talking to the professor, we are deciding between working on the pose detection or lane change using the accelerometer.