Evann’s Status Report for 4/3

What did you personally accomplish this week on the project? Give files or photos that demonstrate your progress. Prove to the reader that you put sufficient effort into the project over the course of the week (12+ hours).

This week I spent the majority of my time integrating the primary application onto the board. There was an issue with an incompatible version of Jetson’s SDK with the version of TensorFlow that we were using which required reflashing our SD card with a new OS image. Using Nvidia’s JetPack SDK required us to change some of our dependencies such as switching to Python 3.6 and TensorFlow2.4 which required us to refactor our code to handle some of the deprecated functions. Working through these issues, I was able to get the preliminary code running on the board. A demo is shown below.

Is your progress on schedule or behind? If you are behind, what actions will be taken to catch up to the project schedule?

Our progress on the board is slightly behind schedule. We intended to finish integration earlier this week, however issues with dependencies and platform differences caused some unforeseen delays. I will use some of the dedicated slack time to adjust the schedule.

I hope to implement accelerometer input and sound output by next week. I also intend to begin work on pose estimation if time allows.