Ishita Sinha’s Status Report for 02/27/21

This week, my teammates and I have been working on finalizing our final design and determining our parts list accordingly. We plan on getting this approved on Monday. Attached below is the preliminary design I drew out for our product:

Besides this, I’ve also been looking into the color analysis of bananas to write up the code for a rottenness predictor based on color.  So far, I’ve primarily researched methods for this and have tried to understand how color analysis is performed. I’ve also looked into how we can develop a rottenness predictor given a dataset of images classified as rotten, ripe, and unripe.

We are behind what we had planned in our schedule in that we haven’t yet ordered parts, but I believe that’s okay since we are waiting to confirm our parts list on Monday, after which we’ll order the parts. Besides that, in terms of working on color analysis and starting work on rottenness prediction, I believe I’m on track.

In the upcoming week, I hope my team and I can finalize the parts list and order it. I also plan on downloading Google images of bananas, making the background white if it isn’t already, and developing a dataset of rotten, ripe, and unripe bananas. I also want to work on the color analysis algorithms to train the dataset so that my team and I can then test the algorithm’s predictions before we develop our actual dataset.