Weekly Status Report

Sung Hyun’s Status Report for 5/8/2021

This week I have worked on:

– Editing the database structure. Previous implementation had database as an array so we had 20 clothes each of them starting with a null value. However, we realized that other APIs think that these null values are going to be clothes, so I changed the database from an array to a list so that the clothes in database do not contain null values anymore.

– Integrating the software and hardware. All the software validation have been completed, and we verified that they are saved correctly in the database. Now we integrated our entire software and the hardware to see if the rack rotates consistently with our inputs

Next week I will work on:

– Writing the poster and final report

Sung Hyun’s Status report for 5/1/2021

This week I have worked on:

– Integration between user interface, matching api, and user preference api. There was a lot of conflict while integration because while our individual parts worked, there was a lot of conflicts regarding the type of input and the argument structure.

– Editing database. Instead of just having functionalities such as add and remove clothes, we have added take and return clothes as well, so the database remembers what clothes the user is currently wearing.

– Displaying jpeg images on flask. I have written my code on my mac previously but the flask app didn’t display the pictures correctly on windows OS. Thus I had to account for the OS since we will be running this program on windows

Next week I will work on:

– preparing for the presentation and final paper

– final validation for our project

Team Status Report for 5/1/2021

This week our team focused on integrating all our parts together. We ran into a few difficulties in integrating our code. However, we worked through the issues and got most of our code integrated. Potential problems we see looking into the future are running into bugs when testing due to edge cases arising that we did not account for. However, with good testing we can find these edge cases and make sure they don’t become a problem.

Our hardware which we saw as one of the biggest risks initially is working well. There is in a video below that shows it working. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nLV_yfrHJHVyOtZJjgG1TjcCs474YqKd/view?usp=sharing

Outside of that we are finishing up the work on our final presentation. After that we need to do some final touch ups and then begin work on our final demo and video.

Fred’s Status Report for 5/1/2021

This week

I finished assembling the hardware and got it working with our servo controller. The new gears worked well and fit together and we can rotate our rack now. I began testing the hardware as well.

Link to video demo: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nLV_yfrHJHVyOtZJjgG1TjcCs474YqKd/view?usp=sharing

I finished integrating the user preference model after making a few changes to it. It now works with the rest of our code.

I also worked to help integrate our code. I focused mainly on the matching and database parts. I finished the integration and added some new functions to make it work better with the rest of our code.

For Next Week:

Finish testing the hardware portion of our project

Finish working on our final presentation

Began planning and preparing for our final demo and video portion

Henry’s Status Report for 5/1/2021

This week I worked on:

• Validation section of the final presentation. Wrote about validation on each component and system validation.
  • Software integrated. Integrated visualizer API with user interface (aka main). Some new issues were found during integration, which we are fixing right now.

For next week:

• Work on the final video and final report, and post presentation.

I am on schedule.

Team Status Report for 4/24/2021

Our project has been going well and it looks like we are on pace to finish in time. We are putting the finishing touches on a lot of our project and are going to start testing and integrating all of the separate pieces now. We have to start working together to make sure all the pieces fit together well.

This is a potential risk bringing everything together. Making sure that all the individual parts of the hardware and the software fit together and then the software and hardware work well together is something that may be difficult. However, with good coordination among the team this is definitely something that we can accomplish.

Our schedule is looking good and without any major issues the schedule should progress smoothly.

Fred’s Status Report for 4/24/2021

This Week

Finished the user preference model. The final method allows users to store their feedback about outfits they are shown and the matching api can call the retrieve method to get the feedback about the outfits

I also worked on updating the hardware. The last gears were too small so we 3d printed bigger gears. After getting the gears I readjusted the base in order to fit the bigger gears.

For Next Week

Finish assembling the hardware and work to test it fully to make sure it is functional.

Work with the group to integrate the user preference model into the matching api.