Sung Hyun’s Status Report for 4/10/2021

This week I have

– Debugged the clothes database that is currently categorized as retriever API. The issue I had before with the clothing database is, when it inserts clothes to the database, it would just search through the list and find the first empty space (angle) to insert the clothes. However, this might cause some issue because if all the clothes are placed in one side of the hanger, there might be a hardware malfunction.

– Knowing this I have implemented a function that simply uses coordinates to find the center of gravity of the hanger, assuming all clothes have the same weight, and hang the new clothes to the furthest from the center of gravity.

– slightly altered the add clothes functionality. Initially the user has to input the details of the clothes, but now that Henry has completed his visualizer API, I can just take a picture of the clothes, and this will add to the database and activate the retriever API

Next week I will

– connect the retriever API and the servo to our hardware part of the product.

– make sure than each functionalities of add, remove, get, return clothes are working smoothly and the transitions don’t have any bugs