Hongzhe’s Status Report for 10/21/2023

For the past 2 weeks including the fall break, we developed our ideas deeper and with more details from the design review documentation. Each member of us is also making progress on practicing our respective responsible technology.

Personally, I made the outline of the design review documentation, listing out the key points we discussed with the faculty so that the document and content are structured. I was also in charge of filling up certain portions of the documentation mostly on the overall architecture and summary.

I have also pushed the OpenPose usage forward. I succeeded in using the compile OpenPose executable to process reference image files of Tai Chi poses and generate JSON output. I will iteratively do that next week to process all reference images. Below is a sample JSON output. I was also trying to enable the Python feature for OpenPose. While the Python support is built, the sample python program can not be executed. I will dig into this issue more in the future and we always have the backup option to use the executable from C++ compilation instead of the library version of Python OpenPose.

ABET: The new tool I learned is for sure the software of OpenPose. I learned from scratch on understanding the brief architecture to the means on establishing the current environment on  Windows. Given that the software has not been updated for years, I also learned a lot to gather resource from the internet and the github page to solve the missing components or incompatible module versions.

{
    “version”: 1.3,
    “people”: [
        {
            “person_id”: [
                -1
            ],
            “pose_keypoints_2d”: [
                411.349,
                275.523,
               … (ignored for view length)
                875.764,
                0.543042
            ],
            “face_keypoints_2d”: [],
            “hand_left_keypoints_2d”: [],
            “hand_right_keypoints_2d”: [],
            “pose_keypoints_3d”: [],
            “face_keypoints_3d”: [],
            “hand_left_keypoints_3d”: [],
            “hand_right_keypoints_3d”: []
        }
    ]
}