Aditi’s Status Update 11/12

On Sunday I attempted to connect the Jetson Nano to CMU’s local network. There were a lot of issues while trying to get the Jetson connected. It appears that a device with the same MAC address was registered on CMU’s wired network already . Looking more into this, it appears to be a known Jetson issue, where there was a manufacturing error where multiple Jetson Nano’s were given the same unique MAC address, it’s also possible that this Jetson has already been registered on the network . I tried to remedy this error using various suggestions given by the Jetson blog and stackoverflow but I was unable to solve this issue. I switched to connecting the Jetson to CMU’s local network using the Wifi adapter. After finding the correct drivers and appropriate library I was able to set up a WLAN connection. I was able to register the wireless MAC address with CMU’s network and connect successfully. The web application is now accessible using Jetson’s unique IP on CMU’s network.

During the week I was trying to get YOLO working on the Jetson. There is a known numpy issue with the latest version which results in an invalid instruction. I was forced to downgrade torch and torchvision. Once making these changes, new errors appeared where loading the YOLO weights using torch.load caused a segfault. I was unable to solve the compile time issues but I am now trying out a Jetpack docker to see if I will have more luck with that.