John’s Status Report for 10/1/22

This week, I have been mainly focused on hashing out the specifics of the project with the rest of the team and gathering ideas on what exact requirements and metrics are needed from my part of the project (web app interface). After having a very productive conversation with Professor Byron on Wednesday about how to best go about testing our metrics and requirements, I went back to the drawing board with the team and we were able to not only gain a better understanding of our own design, but also have more clarity on the next steps of testing and implementation.

We ordered parts early this week and they came in already. Upon planning out how we will set up our physical proof of concept, we will build it out this following week and set up a series of experiments to understand our optimal circuitry and communication requirements. We have already begun to draft up some ideas of experiments to understand or PWM period for the solenoids, how fast we can press a piano key, how to encode our data signal such that notes can be sustained over many samples, how much time to sample the incoming audio to take the Fourier transform of, etc… Hopefully in the coming week, we will have many answers to these questions that will guide us in our design.