Sophia’s Status Report for 9/25

This week I familiarized myself with Fusion 360 to create a PCB to more neatly house all of our hardware.

When creating the schematic for the circuit, I had to reference the spec sheets for the Arduino Nano and ICM-20948 IMU to ensure they could be secured to the board. I struggled trying to set the dimensions between pin components on the board. I wanted to create a customized component of two rows of female pins to mount the Arduino Nano and ICM-20948 IMU but this was unsuccessful as I couldn’t get Fusion 360 to recognize that two non-connected pieces should be considered one item. I ended up spacing the rows of female pins manually by referencing a grid overlay.

We ordered our parts last week but they haven’t come in yet, so that puts us a little bit behind. Also the PCB hasn’t been ordered yet and I am not sure how long it will take to be made, so this may cause further delays.  It’s crucial the PCB is designed correctly.

Next week, I will finalize the PCB design and send off the files to get it manufactured.