(10/24) Weekly Status Update: Shivani

I have been having carpal tunnel issues for a while, and this week it aggravated beyond control so I had to visit the doctor. I was given a hand brace, to help posture my wrist better. This has affected my efficiency as, I can’t type well with the brace on, as it prevents my wrist from bending.

That being said, we spent the Monday of this week working on the Design Review Report. And after that got back to our capstone project again. I had been looking into ways to track the movement of the same object over different pictures. The best way, I have found so far to do this is to use: https://www.opencv-srf.com/2011/09/object-detection-tracking-using-contours.html, on OpenCV. I wrote a base implementation for this, but I need to add it to the RPi and check if it works with the pictures as I want it to or not.

Also, this method does have the possibility of providing false positives. And hence needs to be tested over different objects, but so do the other methods like usingĀ meanStdDev to check if the standard deviation of two frames is similar, and if they are associates them to be the same object.