Venkata’s Status Report for 11/21/20

This week was predominantly spent on working on tasks not focused on the hardware. Since I was able to meet our performance requirement for the FPGA, I decided to help out with the software side, specifically by working on parts of the UI that didn’t directly interfere with Vishal’s work. I decided to focus on the pages that provide workout history to the users. I first came up with a couple of mockups and after discussing with the rest of the team, I decided to start coding up the various pages. I had to learn how to use the needed python libraries (Pygame and Matplotlib) and the existing codebase for the python application. I then was able to create the following three pages that pull the appropriate information from our database and display it to the user.

• Workout History Options – Users will be able to navigate the database and pick a workout to analyze

• Workout History Summary – Users will receive a detailed summary of a selected former workout

• Workout History Trends – Users will receive a graph analyzing their performance over the past 5 workouts

I am on track with the schedule. For the upcoming week(s), I plan on working with Vishal to fully integrate the changes that I made and work on refining the various pages to ensure that it is visually appealing. I will also do some more testing with the FPGA and integrate the new changes that Albert made to the image processing code.