Venkata’s Status Report for 12/5/20

This past week was focused on working on the UI to be able to demo. I first focused on adding additional features such as the functionality to navigate through the database by adding navigation buttons to grab the appropriate entries as well as adding more functionality to the history trends page so that it combines workouts of the same day and standardizes the y axis. I then focused on cleaning up the UI by creating new icons and adding the ability to highlight the buttons/icons when the user hovers over the various options.

After working on the UI and cleaning up the Workout History Summary and Workout History Trends page, I worked on trying to integrate Spotify into our project. After learning about Spotipy, I was able to create a Developer app that connected with a user’s Spotify account to allow app to modify the user’s playback state by pausing/playing/skipping the current song and allow our app to identify the name of the current song. We were also considering cleaning up the authentication flow but after our demo, we decided that we should focus on other aspects and so, I simply worked with Vishal to create a simple UI for the Spotify section and began working on the other deliverables.

I am on track with the schedule. For the upcoming week, I plan on focusing on the various deliverables such as working on the final presentation and providing Albert with the various video/audio files he needs to successfully integrate our various sections for our final video. I will then work on the final report the week after that.