Progress:

I mainly worked on building the physical IR Man device: finding a solidworks model for 3d-printing the IR man body and arm and building the rotating base. 3-D printing took longer than I expected, since we needed to use the largest 3d printer in the maker space and the machine was jammed at one point. Now the motor is attached to the frame and is driving the main platform by a chain. I had to change the direction of the L bracket that is connected with the motor mount to make the motor sprocket level to the chain, otherwise it’s slightly tilted and the chain would sometimes come off.

Schedule:

We initially planned to have all the mechanical parts assembled by Sunday, but since the 3D printer jammed, we were not able to get everything ready. However, I am pretty sure that we can have the whole physical device assembled by the end of next week. That will leave us enough time for testing our project as a whole product.

Deliverable next week:

I will be working on assembling the 3D printed body with the rotating base, and work with Jackie to assemble all the circuits, servo, camera and wires together.