Aaron’s Status Report for 3/13

This week I worked on the design review presentation and design report. I completed both an overall system diagram and a software-specific block diagram for our project.

I also began creating a bill of materials from our parts list. This budget list includes everything we currently need for our project. We also included a Tile tracker tile in order to compare our system to existing products.

Following feedback given after the design review presentation, I have also begun rethinking our distance-based gating requirement. Rather than having a fixed algorithm, I am working on a calibration protocol which would allow the system to more accurately determine tag distance by having the user place the tags at a specific distance from the Raspberry Pi and measuring the signal strength.

For next week I plan on getting the parts ordered and finishing the design report. I plan on adding variable names to the software specification diagram as well, to clarify what data is being sent between the different components of the phone app.