Team Status Report for April 8th

What are the most significant risks that could jeopardize the success of theproject? How are these risks being managed? What contingency plans are ready?

HW: I am a little scared that we might have to order more solenoids in case of burnout? We currently have 7 working solenoids and ordered 7 more because we had leftover solenoids in the toolbox but now they are gone. It’s not the worst risk since we can always order new ones. However, I am also a little worried about the power supply availability. If we can’t get the 30V/3A power supply, we can’t run this system.

SW: I am still worried about object detection, but like before, my backup is using the color detection that is already working.

MSW: I’m a little worried about melody generation. Generating random things isn’t that difficult, but I think that even generating mediocre melodies will be difficult. I don’t think that it will be possible to generate great melodies, at least consistently. Great melodies are difficult to write by hand, so creating an algorithm to do so would be an achievement by itself (and something I could probably sell for a large sum of money).

Were any changes made to the existing design of the system (requirements,block diagram, system spec, etc)? Why was this change necessary, what costsdoes the change incur, and how will these costs be mitigated going forward?

HW: nope

SW/Fabrication: I did redesign the mounting system because the 3mm did not hold the weight of the solenoids very well. The cost is going to be around $30, but hopefully this is the last redesign. SW – no.

MSW: Nothing major. Just small data structure changes to accommodate new data/changes.

Provide an updated schedule if changes have occurred.

HW: n/a

MSW: No change.

This is also the place to put some photos of your progress or to brag about acomponent you got working.