Team Status Report for April 22nd

What are the most significant risks that could jeopardize the success of theproject? How are these risks being managed? What contingency plans are ready?

HW: one of the unexpected risk that we encountered this week was us needing to buy more solenoids. Another thing that I noticed was some latency issues with the actuators. I noticed that some of the old solenoids were actuated with a bit of latency and I think it’s just due to us using it “too much.” I marked it in case this becomes a bigger issue. As long as I just connect everything correctly to the first octave, we should have some extras to replace the “lagging” actuators with new ones.

SW/Fabrication: One risk is that the adhesive we ordered could not work as well as hoped on acrylic and the mounting system could fall apart like last time. Our contingency plan can just be superglue, because I think it will probably work well enough. Worst case, I have some super strong T-Rex tape.. it will just not look very pretty. Software wise, same as last week. If the symbol detecting isn’t good enough, I will fall back on the color detection.

Were any changes made to the existing design of the system (requirements,block diagram, system spec, etc)? Why was this change necessary, what costsdoes the change incur, and how will these costs be mitigated going forward?

HW: n/a — we did have to buy more solenoids due to my carelessness.

SW: no

Provide an updated schedule if changes have occurred.

HW: n/a

SW: n/a

This is also the place to put some photos of your progress or to brag about acomponent you got working.

HW: https://youtube.com/shorts/Cnb2aESx0gw