Team’s Status Report for April 1st

What are the most significant risks that could jeopardize the success of theproject? How are these risks being managed? What contingency plans are ready?

HW: I am a little worried that we are not able to solder the components to a protoboard. However, as long as we keep our wires organized, I think we can keep building our circuit on a breadboard. However, this is not a very significant risk in terms of running the system.

Music SW: Melody and chord generation have me somewhat worried. I don’t want to generate unusable garbage, but I don’t want to make everything predictable either. Our generative mode is one of the two main modes we want to implement, and if it’s not good, that’s going to be a problem.

Software (note that my stuff was overwritten earlier so I am resubmitting now): The object detection is the biggest risk still, as I have tried a lot of methods but nothing is working well still. The contingency plan is to use the color detection that is already working.

Were any changes made to the existing design of the system (requirements,block diagram, system spec, etc)? Why was this change necessary, what costsdoes the change incur, and how will these costs be mitigated going forward?

HW: we have decided not to solder.

Music SW: None since last week. I’ve been changing up struct internals to see what works best, but it doesn’t affect the overall system.

SW: Not since last week.

Provide an updated schedule if changes have occurred.

This is also the place to put some photos of your progress or to brag about acomponent you got working

HW: N/A — will show our working circuit on Wednesday!

Music SW: Nothing here. I did sync the Arduino LED to an interesting rhythm but it wasn’t much to write home about.

SW/FAB (Katherine): added photo of the mounting system I designed in the slack.