Nish’s Status Report for 2/18

1. What did you personally accomplish this week on the project? Give files or photos that demonstrate your progress. Prove to the reader that you put sufficient effort into the project over the course of the week (12+ hours).

This week, we completely changed our project. Caroline and I spent a few hours trying to figure out how to pivot from our MyTagMyBag idea into something else that is centered our identification, or even in IoT. We went through our old list of ideas and came across our Virtual Piano idea, so we got to work on flushing that out. After talking through initial designs with a few TAs, I created a new abstract for our new idea. I spent a lot of time figuring the different use cases and parts that we would need, such as which finger sensors, and how our glove should look. I also met with Professor Sullivan to discuss how to scope our idea to something that is feasible.  I am also writing the presentation for next week.

2. Is your progress on schedule or behind? If you are behind, what actions will be taken to catch up to the project schedule?

We are definitely behind as we changed our project this week. However, we did work on creating a new abstract in order to catch up, and also met with Professor Sullivan and a few TAs in order to more thoroughly think through our project. We will have to catch up by tomorrow night anyways in order to do our Design Overview, and I think that we have gotten to a good place besides actually ordering our parts and working on our code.

3.  What deliverables do you hope to complete in the next week?

Once we finish the Design Overview (we are currently working on putting together) Presentation, we will work on the Report and try to order our parts. While we wait for the PCB, we will probably begin working on the interface and CV portion of the project, as the pressure sensors can be added in later. Next week, I will get done the presentation and I also hope to finish designing the glove with the small PCB and get that ordered.

4. Please list the particular ECE courses (if any) that covered the engineering science and mathematics principles your team used to develop your design ? If there are no courses please tells us how you learned those principles over the last week ?

16-370, Computer Vision

18-349, Intro to Embedded Systems

18-449, Distributed Embedded Systems