Ben’s Status Report for 2/4

This week I helped refine the project proposal and refine the use case. We initially thought about switching to a different project, but after some careful consideration, we decided to more clearly define the use case for our current idea. After careful consideration of multiple ideas, we decided to abandon our original I2C connected board and switch to BLE instead. I researched a variety of BLE capable microcontrollers, comparing factors such as size, ease of programmability, price, and availability to settle on theĀ Seeed XIAO BLE. I also looked up the spec sheets of the switches we were planning to use (Cherry MX) and recorded key dimensions to aid in the search for parts. Finally, I tried to find similar projects online to see how we could improve on what’s already on the market, but there was not really anything similar.

My progress has been on schedule since I have made good progress or finished my tasks for the week. These included refining the project scope, performing an initial survey of possible electronic components we would need, and adding my contributions to the powerpoint.

Next week I hope to read up more on the BLE implementation on the Seeed XIAO BLE so I can be ready to program when the parts come in. Additionally, I hope to have the remainder of the parts decided and ideally ordered so we can begin prototyping as soon as possible.