Aichen’s Status Report for 3/25/2023

This week, the absolute of my efforts went into setting up/debugging the camera. After being able to run inference on Jetson, we started setting up the camera (MIPI connected to Jetson), which could be “found” but not able to capture using different commands as well as cv2 module. After the first camera got burned, we switched to the backup camera which threw us into the same trouble. After a few hours of debugging, we decided to go with different routes now. First, I’m currently setting up the backup Jetson Nano to see if it could work with a USB camera. Second, if that works, we could also try it with the MIPI camera. If that still works, then it might be the Jetson Xavier’s problem and we would have to set up YOLO environment on Jetson Nano.

Schedule wise, the camera’s issues are a blocker for me, but we will do the best we could to have the camera subsystem functioning.

There’re some code updates in the github repo (the same link as posted before).

Besides that, I worked with Vasudha to get the “communication” between Jetson and Arduino working. I used a script in Python to send serial data (which will later be run on Jetson) to Arduino. After the whole team’s working, our HW circuit could behave based on the serial input it receives.