Aichen’s Status Report for 04/29/2023

Earlier this week, I rehearsed for the final presentation and wrapped up the last presentation before the demo. Simultaneously, we troubleshooted the weird performance of the most updated weights by tracing on Colab and added missing steps. After retraining, however, the performance is still quite disappointing. Following that, we came up with a few contingency plans as discussed in our team status report. I was focusing most on #1 and I implemented the alternative FSM design. I have tested both FSMs design first on local and then in integration with the team. The results of the testing are also covered in the team report. Right now, I am almost comfortable with that as the backup plan for the demo. 

Schedule-wise, the ML section is behind our expectation as the second dataset seems to be highly imbalanced and there is almost no way to improve its performance based on our needs. Because the two previous datasets all took considerably long to set up, having to find a new dataset now is quite tight on time. But at least we have a working MVP.

Right after Monday, we will wrap on mechanics and determine if we want to pursue track #2 and #3 listed in the team report. Also, we would need to organize testing data and demo videos for the final few deadlines.