Vasudha’s Status Report for 03/18/23

Last week, I focused more on helping out with the software side, and worked on debugging our 1305 GPU setup and code. Since a lot of libraries were missing and our code was in a Jupyter notebook format rather than a Python file, I went through, installing what was missing, fixing dependencies, and trying to get the code to run. This set up is a backup plan to the Google Colab set up that Aichen and Ting are working on, and since the hardware components have arrived, I will be focusing more on that set up to catch up in regards to our schedule. However, the software debugging is still something I am currently working on, and hopefully we will be able to figure one of these solutions out before the end of next week so that we can then migrate this code to the Jetson. 

On the hardware side, some of our parts had finally arrived. I started working on setting up the Arduino and respective components, and hope to have this fully set up and operating the basic design before integrating the mechanical aspect. After attempting to connect and operate the neopixels, I found that the type we had purchased did not match the simulated component (uses SPI communication and therefore requires a different library and extra pin connection for clock). Therefore the respective simulated programming did not work as intended, and will need to be modified.

In terms of schedule, while we are quite behind in hardware due to the delay in the parts arriving, we caught up a little on the software side, and plan to devote more time to the hardware this week to catch up. 

As mentioned, next week I plan on finishing up the the hardware component assembly and implementation of the basic design, and finish ordering parts for our final mechanical design (which we modified once again after discussion with the professor).