Wonho’s Status Report for 4/23

This week I continued with integrating the separate parts of our project. The automation script I created last week was having some problems running the ColorThief algorithm due to the node and npm being used simultaneously by the weather API. Thus, I made a major change by dropping the Color Thief api and used OpenCV pandas instead to create an algorithm that easily extracts the dominant color of an image. This result returns a tuple of the rgb values of the dominant color and works well with the automation script as well. Ramzi also finished the recommendation algorithm so I also integrated that function with the script as well as adjusting it so it takes the output.txt from the color detection output. I was also able to make some adjustments to the automation script to reduce the runtime by changing the run settings for OpenPose and reduced the total runtime of the script down to 20 seconds.

I also worked on the final presentation slides as I will be presenting next week and will continue working on them till Sunday. We still need to get some testing metrics for the slides so Jeremy and I will be extracting those numbers on Sunday and add them to the slides.

We definitely need some more time to polish everything together as well as still connecting the app, Jetson components and the UI but most of the integration that needs to be done is almost there.