Goran Goran’s Status Report – 4/16/22

For this week our group was mainly working on testing and refining our individual components as the deadline fast approaches. For rerouting that means that I have spent this week focusing on trying to create an operators view of the entire mapped area, showing how multiple cars are being rerouted. For now that means our goal is to have approximately 20 cars and their routes with respect to each other tracked and be able to show that their updated routing is improving their overall experience. In that regard I’ve run into several limitations for of the API software, since it limits me in the amount of requests I can make, my hope for creating a constantly updating map showing the routes seems to be a pipe dream. What I have been working on, and continuously tweaking is creating an excel document, showing each of the routes taking my the cars. I plan on cleaning up this data and creating visuals in the form of graphs showing changes in the travel time, and which streets are made more traffic heavy by the rerouting algorithm. So far everything seems to be going on track to make that happen by our Monday meeting.